DIGITAL DINING POS SYSTEMS
Revolution HARDWARE & SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- A Digital Dining Lab server configured exactly as a typical restaurant is configured that can be made accessible to the RRT Technical team for testing.
RESTAURANT TASKS TO BE COMPLETED WITH DIGITAL DINING (OR RESELLER)
- Get API Interface installed in the locations (Digital Dining Webservice).
- Setup the interface per the instructions (See Digital Dining Webservice Set-up Instructions Below)
- Determine which terminal will contain the ‘export’ (a configured menu definition containing all of the items to be available for sale online).
- Define the export and enable it.
RESTAURANT TASKS TO BE COMPLETED WITH RESTAURANT IT SUPPORT TEAM (INTERNAL/EXTERNAL)
- Open a port on the external IP address’ firewall that allows traffic inbound from *.rrtusa.net or 126.96.36.199
- Forward the firewall port to the appropriate internal IP address.
- Get the IP address and port to Revolution to define for each location.
- Setup above store payment
- Setup and define restaurant locations and test connectivity to each location.
- Perform a successful menu-sync. Configure online ordering.
- Send test orders including with 1 with above store payment and conduct User Acceptance Testing with restaurant.
- Copy menu configuration across all locations.
- RECOMMENDED FOR CALL CENTER SERVICES: Call forwarding capabilities on the primary line called for takeout. An unlimited long distance package on the primary line called for takeout if anticipated call volume is expected to be high.
- Go to DDsetup.exe-> Misc-> WebService Configuration-> Web Services.
- Make sure the highlighted areas are set to the correct definitions (staff, register definitions, receipts, etc.)
- Restart DDWebService in DDServMonitor.exe and restart POS.exe is Task Manager that is running under the System User (this is called HeadlessPOS). In the case of the POS, you can shut it down and the DDWebService will restart it when a call is made.