Who We Are:
At Restaurant Revolution Technologies (“Revolution”) we are building a valuable business by enabling and driving the digital transformation of the restaurant industry. We are a values-based organization that is proud of having a strong, distinctive and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We are headquartered in Bellevue, Washington but our team is distributed across the United Stated working from shared office spaces or from home. We strive to be: honest and transparent, hardworking, problem solvers; customer-focused, accountable team players; humble, innovative lifelong learners; and fiscally responsible business people.
Why We Exist – Mission:
We partner with restaurant chains to grow their off-premise business my making their food more convenient for customers. The U.S. restaurant industry is an $835 billion dollar industry with 60% of restaurant occasions already occurring off-premise. A recently published report projects that 30% of all restaurant orders will be through digital channels by 2025—and this was before the pandemic. Revolution is part of the now economy and the culture of convenience.
How We Do It – Product:
We power an ordering platform that handles online, mobile and voice ordering for chain restaurants. The software platform is called Order One. All orders placed through Order One integrate with a restaurant client’s point of sale system. With our Ground Control product, we also enable delivery directly from a restaurant’s site from leading delivery service providers such as DoorDash and Postmates, providing the restaurant with better economics as well as the ability to capture valuable customer data. With our Connect product, we manage two-way menu integration with the restaurant’s point of sale the third party marketplaces, such as Uber Eats and DoorDash.
What We Do – Business Model:
We are a software as a service business (“SaaS”) serving enterprise customers—chain restaurants ranging in size from 5-1,000+ locations. We drive stakeholder value by generating annual recurring revenue through the licensing of our Order One software platform and related products and services.
We are growing rapidly while also expanding margins and building new capabilities for our clients. We service over 1,250 restaurant locations across over thirty restaurant concepts. We are looking for a strong PHP Developer to join the Revolution Team.
Revolution is looking for a full-time, experienced PHP Developer to help build new features and improve on one of our online ordering platforms for restaurant chains.
You will be developing and maintaining a commerce codebase, building on, and improving our existing platform.
This position will report directly to the Head of Software Development.
Our Stack: .NET, PHP, MS SQL, WCF/SOAP, Web API, Angular/Node/React, MySQL
Internal Tools: GitHub, TFS, Jira, Slack, Terraform, Jenkins, Ghost Inspector, New Relic, Lucid Chart
Hosting: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, ELB, ECS/EKS, Route53
• Maintain and improve a PHP-based restaurant ordering ecommerce system.
• Develop and participate in developing the technical solution and specifications based on functional requirements.
• Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
• Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
What we are looking for:
• Deep understanding of core PHP/OOP principles
• Firm understanding of secure coding and general development best practices.
• Working knowledge of MySQL
• Good knowledge of version control systems (Git; TFS is a plus but not necessary)
• Experience working in cloud-based LAMP stack environment.
• A strong, creative problem solver, self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough issues.
• A team player with energy and enthusiasm, and a high tolerance for change, ambiguity, and urgency
• Ruby on Rails experience a big plus, but not required.
• Docker experience a big plus, but not required.
• Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers.
• Interpersonal skills to include effective verbal and written communication with team members in and out of the technology group.
• Accountable and thorough. Proud of your work.
• Competitive with leading technical markets such as Seattle, Los Angeles, etc.